Sunday, February 16, 2014

The love of my life

Joey is my first real Golden thats totally mine. I mean I had one growing up but that was familys. Joey is something special. he has a gentle soul and he somehow understands me. He is my little helper around the house and I would consider him my "therapy" dog. he doesnt bark unless he sees someone and he minds my suggestions very well. You couldnt ask for a better dog.
This cancer has come as a complete surprise as Joey is only 6 years old. How can this be? Now my life is everything for Joey...everything. I only hope that I can take care of him through this journey as well as he has taken care of me for the past 6 years. Am I worthy? Will it be enough? Joey is my everything and I can only pray Im doing all that is possible to help Joey make it through these chemo treatments which is an awful flashback to when my mom passed of cancer. My heart is completley broken. Thats not even the word. The word is shattered.
I love you Joey with every ounce of my being. I pray to God for his guidance to help me through this.

1 comment:

How Sam Sees It said...

You will always make the right decisions for Joey, because any decision you make for him will be out of love. Listen to what the doctors say, then take a walk with Joey and listen to what he has to say. He won't lie to you, and he will help you through this. ...and remember to smile and laugh with him.

I am thinking of you.

Love and hugs,

Monty, Harlow and Angel Sam's Mom