Friday, February 7, 2014

Second guessing everything

Joey just seems like a healthy dog and I feel like the chemo is making him even sicker than normal. I called the vets last night because Joey wouldnt eat and I spoke to a Dr. who said that it was normal but that if I was concerned that I could come in anytime. Sheesh, I just needed some advice and here they were encouraging me to spend money by bringing Joey in. Sigh Im freaking out about the 7000.00 price tag for this treatment. Am I doing the right thing?

2 comments:

kks said...

i am so sorry for this diagnosis…..is Joey being treated at a Veterinary School? the reason i ask, is because sometimes schools have clinical trials for chemo drugs…so your dog gets treated for a reduced cost….
i have seen some dogs do really well with chemo, go into remission and have a few good years…it is such a tough call, i can imagine what you are going through…
you really need to talk to Joey's oncologist and raise all the questions you have, they should be bending over backwards to help you get through this difficult time….
thinking of you…
xoxo

How Sam Sees It said...

Joey will let you know. Try getting some canned dog food or chicken and adding it to his food. When Cisco was so sick she quit eating too. On her very very bad days she got chicken McNuggets - not the healthiest and I wouldn't recommend it, but she needed to eat.

Monty and Harlow